- The Game
Nothing worth doing is easy.
We have been lucky to attract talent from past AAA game development projects, while still bringing in fresh, unconventional ideas from outside the industry. With over a year using this crowd sourcing method, we’ve been developing this current title that delivers all the familiarity in an MMORPG that gamers expect with new innovation that players won't want to go without.
Burning Dog is currently engaged in developing a sci fi/fantasy MMORPG called Origins. Straying from a traditional high fantasy genre MMORPG, Origins mixes Alien with Arcane, Exotic with Elemental, and Metaphysics with the Mysterious. While we have a solid product in the works for an independent release, there are many more features we hope to implement with full funding.
Don't these type of projects fail a lot of the time?
Indeed they do. Game development forums are full of new projects started by aspiring game developers. An overwhelming majority of them will never make it to the end of release, and those that do, will rarely make a return on investment. This is due to some very simple reasons:
- Poor Management
- Junior Talent
- No Clear Vision
- No Team Dynamic
- No Development or Project Management Experience
- No Understanding of Scope
Ok, but what makes Burning Dog Media different?
- Clear Direction and Vision
- Realistic Objectives
- Proper Project Management
- Model Driven by a Business plan
- AAA Title Talent
So how long is this going to take?
We are currently targeting a 2013 Indie Release. If we acquire the necessary funding for a full featured release, we will be targeting June or July of 2013.
What are the positions that are open?
We have a solid core team now, but are looking to expand. The following positions are currently open:
|2D Concept Artist||Open|
|2D GUI Artist||Open|
|2D Texture Artist||Open|
So what is going to be expected of me?
- Dedicating at least 20 Hours per 7 day week to the project,
- Attending the meetings of your team meetings and the project meeting,
- Bringing your ideas to the table, provide feedback and collaborate with us to bring the game to a new level.
- Regularly communicate with the leadership team, reporting progress and expertise to complete tasks on time.
Are there any other requirements?
- 18 years of age or older is required, however if you are talented we will review on a case by case situation
- You need to be free of any contracts that do not allow you to work on other projects.
What or How do I get paid?
We're currently using a profit sharing model. With full funding, we're projecting salaried positions for core members of the team.
Do I need to sign anything?
You will be expected to sign:
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Contribution Agreement - Only for the materials that you create for the project
- Phantom Share Agreement - This ensures and tracks your share investment into the company
So how do I get more information?
Contact us via our contact form located here. We will get back to you soon as we can. Please have a updated portfolio or demo reel available.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We look forward to talking with you soon!